Are you passionate about ministry with children and youth? Consider applying for this newly created, full-time lay position at Bethesda-by-the-Sea in Palm Beach, Florida. Exciting things are happening and the Spirit is moving in this place!
Family Ministry Coordinator
The Family Ministry Coordinator is responsible for implementing and administering Christian formation programs for children from birth through 12th grade. Working with clergy, church staff, and volunteers, the focus is on sharing our faith, while fostering a culture of joy and invitation. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
Bethesda is a large and thriving Episcopal parish located on a beautiful campus in Palm Beach, Florida. We are seeking to grow and enrich our ministry to children and youth and are committed to doing so. Founded in 1889, Bethesda has more than a thousand members and an annual budget of $4 million. We currently see 20 to 30 children each Sunday and have approximately 20 middle and high school youth. Formation for children and youth takes place on Sunday mornings and at our Wednesday evening Middle Way program.
Reports to the Associate Priest.
· In addition to a deep faith and a love of children, the successful candidate will be creative, energetic, organized, and passionate about the vision and ministry of Bethesda.
· Ability to connect and form meaningful relationships with children, youth, and families of diverse backgrounds.
· Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years of youth and/or children’s ministry.
· Knowledge of the Episcopal Church is highly desirable.
· Ability to organize events.
· Experience in e-mail marketing software (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp).
· Experience with social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
· Ability to work on weekends and major holidays, in addition to regular weekday hours.
Essential Job Functions:
· Coordinate and oversee all areas of Christian formation for children and youth, including Sunday School, Youth Group, Confirmation Class, and annual youth mission trips.
· Work with clergy and others to develop or implement appropriate curricula.
· Recruit, train, schedule, and encourage volunteer teachers and youth workers.
· Work with the parish clergy to establish goals, determine priorities, and set the calendar for all ministry with children, youth, and families.
· Along with volunteers and staff, plan and lead special events such as the Christmas Eve Pageant, Trivia Night, Mardi Gras, and Spring Carnival.
· Assist in preparing the annual family ministry budget and monitor it throughout the year.
· Coordinate the procurement and maintenance of all materials and equipment for Sunday School and youth ministry programs.
· Maintain database with accurate information for children, youth, and families.
· Communicate and promote family ministry programs and events, including information for Sunday leaflets, e-newsletter, website, and social media, as well as to the wider community.
· Develop relationships with local schools and create ongoing volunteer opportunities for students.
· Establish and implement a consistent, clear, and regular communications plan with children, youth, and families.
· Coordinate Safe Church certification for parishioners in contact with children and youth.
· Hire, supervise, and support nursery staff.
Commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Mr. Joe Sanelli, Parish Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.