As Scott Gunn and I prepare to attend the tri-annual Episcopal Youth Event
(EYE) in Philadelphia this weekend to talk about saints, Lent Madness
, etc, I also wanted to acknowledge the gathering's theme: The Five Marks of Mission.
These marks were developed by the Anglican Consultative Council and are widely accepted by parishes and dioceses as the focus of their mission activities. The marks are as follows:
1. To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
2. To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
3. To respond to human need by loving service
4. To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation.
5. To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
However, to make sure the 800 teenagers and 300 adults who will be present realize there are other important "Marks" as well, I have spent great time, effort, and research in developing the Five Marks of Mission (EYE Edition).
Post a Comment